Yield: One 23cm Round Cake
- 125g 90% dark chocolate
- 125ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1tbsp plain flour
- 50g ground almond
- 4 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 125g granulated sugar
1. Slightly grease and flour a 23cm round springform pan. Preheat oven to 180c.
2. In a big heatproof bowl, melt chocolate with milk. Then, add egg yolks into warm chocolate mixture and stir to combine.
3. Add plain flour and ground almond to chocolate mixture and stir to combine.
4. With an electric mixer, whisk egg whites with sugar until stiff peaks form. Then, fold egg whites into chocolate mixture.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
6. Remove cake from oven and let it cool before serving. Also best served cold from fridge.