Yield: One 23cm Round Cake
- 6 eggs at room temperature
- 125g granulated sugar
- 125g all-purpose flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp vanilla extract
1. Using an electric mixer beat eggs with sugar on high speed until pale and thick. Add in vanilla extract halfway through.
2. In 4 batches, sift over and then patiently fold in flour mixed with baking powder using a spatula.
3. Pour batter into a 23cm round cake pan with a parchment paper lined on the bottom only.
4. Bake in preheated oven set at 180c for 25 minutes.
5. Remove the cake from oven and let it cool completely before serving and storage.
Better serve cold :p