Number of Servings: 4
- 280g wholewheat fusilli
- 280g carrots, diced
- 280g (drained weight) canned petit pois
- 500g broccoli, chopped into bite-sized florets
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 560ml vegetable stock
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1/2tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 1/2tsp ground black pepper
1. Cook broccoli in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Drain petit pois. Rinse, drain again, and set aside.
3. Pour fusilli into boiling vegetable stock in a saucepan and cook for 6 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, add oil to frying pan. Stir fry carrots and garlic for 1 minute. Season with herbs and black pepper. Reduce fire and cook covered for 4 minutes. Stir in broccoli, and stir fry for another 1 minute.
5. At the 7th minute, pour the whole pot of fusilli including vegetable stock into frying pan. Stir well. Cook everything covered for the last 6 minutes, until all liquid is absorbed/evaporates. Stir in petit pois before switching off fire.