Number of Servings: 4
- 240g fusilli
- 1 big-sized cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- ½tsp crushed chillies
- ½tsp ground ginger
- ¼tsp ground black pepper
- 1tsp Italian herb seasoning
- 1tsp light brown sugar
- 1 cube of chicken stock
1. Cook cauliflower in boiling water for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, cook fusilli in another pot of boiling water for 6 minutes.
2. Roughly drain the pasta but preserve the starchy cooking water. Dissolve chicken stock cube in 500ml of the starchy cooking water.
3. Add oil to the pan over medium high heat. Add garlic and crushed chillies, followed by drained cauliflower, ground ginger, ground black pepper, Italian herb seasoning, and sugar. Cook for 4 minutes.
4. Add chicken stock. Cook covered for 4 minutes.
5. Add fusilli. Cook covered for the last 5 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed.